Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Still More Glorious Dawn Awaits

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears!

I have decided, after much deliberation and expensive personal counseling, to move The French Dip Review to this newer, bigger, better blog, Markaeology. The decision was not easy, as The French Dip Review became somewhat of a Consumerist sensation after my dealings with the Perkins in Madison (something that other sandwich reviewing blog will never be able to claim). However, I quickly got annoyed of assessing au jus, became burned out on baguettes, refrained from being refreshed by roast beef, and chewed cheese only to my chagrin. It became startlingly apparent to me that I cannot sustain a blog by writing about French dips alone; I simply am not interested in one topic for extended periods of time.

Therefore, I have created a new, broader blog, that I will update more frequently with a wider array of topics, ensuring that I do not tire of writing. I have named the blog Markaeology, after my interest in the field of archaeology, although I plan to write on whatever topic stirs my marrow. In addition to reviews of the aforementioned French dips, I will likely review movies I see, games I play, shows I watch, people I meet(?), and things I touch(!). However, as homage to perfection, I promise to never review any delectable foodstuff other than the fabled French dip sandwiches. It's the least I can do. I will likely also infrequently comment on interesting news stories I come across, mostly dealing with the humanities and science, as well as post the occasional and obligatory HILARIOUS photo with an equally HILARIOUS story to go along with it. This is a blog, after all.

For those French dip purists (Puritans?) of you who may be concerned that my reviews will be corrupted by intermittent nuggets of horizon expanding topics, fear not. For if you truly love French dips, you will understand that sporadic reviews with interesting filler is better than no reviews at all. If you are concerned about the quality of my reviews, I promise I will always hold French dip-serving restaurants to a higher standard, and will never forget the immortal, sage words of Uncle Ben, when he said "With great sandwich comes great responsibility."

For the next few days I will be updating the look and layout of the blog to get it up to a higher standard. I'd hate to have it confused with a second-rate blog. In the meantime I will try and track down my former readers, and let these elite few disciples know that the Lazarus of blogs has been resurrected. After that, I promise to update more often, and not fall into the same trap I did with The French Dip Review. You have my word, and my honor. And for those who frequently fall victim to attacks of nostalgia, The French Dip Review will remain up, petrified in time (if bits and bytes can be petrified), for all to enjoy and reminisce about.

Now let us look to the future, and may this post not be a sunrise, but a galaxy-rise, and the blog filled with 400-billion suns.

1 comment:

  1. I for one find this all terrificly exciting. May your wordplay never waver! In the eternally relevant words of Bilbo Baggins,

    "The Blog goes ever on and on
    Down from the URL where it began.
    Now far ahead the Blog has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can,
    Pursuing it with eager clicks,
    Until it joins some larger server
    Where many packets and hashtags meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say."

    ReplyDelete